Monday, January 17, 2011

Running

It's always something I wish I was good at. But in reality, I'm not! Just ask the Mr.

Last year I wanted to do some 5ks, so we started running but I had some feet issues so we didn't keep it up.

This year I don't have a choice.

During Christmas his cousin told us about a half marathon that she is doing in Dallas at the end of March. Me, the wanna be runner, volunteered a lot of us that were in the kitchen that morning to do it too. They didn't put up too much of a fight so all the more reason to do it as a team. We decided we would keep in touch with each other and motivate as the weeks went on. Well here it is almost a month later and M and I have finally started training.

We have a little over 2 months to get our stamina up to 13 miles!!!!!!!! That number terrifies me. Remember, I'm a WANNA BE!!!!!!!!

This morning we woke up, each had a piece of toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar, got dressed, stretched and began. We went a different route this time, which might have helped. We ran for a while then would walk a little run more then walk. We only walked cause my chest might have exploded!!!! M could run and never stop, a real runner. Remember, not me!!!!

Anyways, I can honestly say, I did NOT complain. Not even once. That's an accomplishment for me!!!! I only said once that I was tired but that was more of a statement and not pleading that we stop.

We made it home. M made us a shake. Ran to the nearest drug store to get some whey/protein stuff?.?. Then we drove our route so we could measure..........2.5 miles!!!!! I know that's a run-walk but that's a lot for me!!!!

Next time we go we will be using an app that we downloaded but forgot about. It will do all sorts of stuff for us.



Marathon Info

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: