Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Projects!!

My summer is getting closer and closer to the end and I have soo much on my to do list that I would REALLY like to get done before I start getting ready for school!!  So.. thought I'd blog about it and hold myself accountable.  Lets see if it actually works.

1.  FINISH THE BATHROOM!!!!!
(A must before I can even THINK about doing anything else!)

2.  Clean out and organize ALL closets.  (no pictures sorry, its too embarrassing!!) But hopefully there will be after pictures!!

3.  Paint the fireplace.  I love our big corner fireplace, I am not a fan of the brick though.  It's the same brick as the outside, but I don't have to see the outside all the time haha.  But I want to paint the brick white-ish, stain the mantle chocolate, and get new (non gold) doors.


4.  Paint the trim/doors.  We painted most of the trim in this house when we first moved in.  But some of the trim needs some touch up.  We did not get to the doors.  They are brown wood (ugly) doors.  If you know me, then you know I am not a fan of wood.  I don't know why but I'm not.  Unless its rustic old wood then I LOVE IT, but anything else, nope not for me!!!  So anyways, some of the doors I started one weekend but lost motivation and needless to say, they need to be finished QUICKLY!!



5.  Paint the living room walls.  I need more color in my life.  Right now they are a shade darker than the rest of the house, but blend too much with the furniture etc.  I am imagining a blue/gray.  I see the color in my head but need to go to Lowe's to see if I can find exactly what I am looking for.  This however cannot be done until I get all trim/doors painted (request from the Mr.) :)
  
(also the new project I am working on is for the above picture.  i want a new look to my decorations.  i will keep the wonderful mirror and accessories, but want more to it! I have found some inspiration, and working on putting my own spin to it...stay tuned)

6.  Last but not least...and it probably won't get done until next summer....I want to rip out the HORRIBLE carpet in our living room!!!  Since we have moved in, stain after stain keeps appearing, and we are not creating them!! I think when we shampooed we 'activated' a lot of old stains are they are making their existence known!!!

**There are PLENTY of other projects on my 'to-do' list, but if I list them all I put My <3 in a state of shock!!  He gets really nervous when I talk about all my wants!  ;)

I hope to keep you posted in my efforts to have this all done before I go back to the classroom!!

1 comment:

Carla Hutchins said...

I better get a move on it to keep up with you little girly!!! ;) It will all look so great!