Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a weekend...

I spend an amazing Saturday morning and afternoon wiht martin's cousin Esmer shopping at Hobby Lobby. I showed her the ropes in scrapbooking as she went to her first scrapbooking even this afternoon. We also found a lot of decor items that were 50% off to spruce up their lovely home. We ate at a wonderful restaraunt in a RITZY part of Dallas and it was soo yummy. Taco Diner. MMMMMM just thinking about it. Anyways then we were shopping for ehr a dress to wear to a wedding which was fun. We just had some good girl time along with her 2 daughters and her mom.

Saturday evening martin and I headed to Midlothian to meet up with our bestest friends to go see Dave Matthews in concert!!!! Pumped. We had a lot of fun driving up there and catching up. Well the excitement soon came to a holt. The people RIGHT next to me smoked MARIJUANA THE WHOOOLLLEEE TIME!!!! Along with maybe 2 or 3 others around near us. I can honestly say I guess i have never smelled that nasty stuff. I thought I had but evidentally it was something else. Just thinking of it I can smell it. ugh. I was starting to get this horrible cramp in my side and just became miserable quick. The people in front of us ended up leaving half way through. It was HORRIBLE. They had no shame either, they acted like it wasn't even illegal. I'm not going to say I was high but it sure had some effect on me....i could taste it and i was ready to leave. But we stuck it out becuase it was DAVE MATTHEWS!!! The concert tho was really good! It didn't rain even, until our drive home just for a lil bit.

Well I am completely in love with the rain. It is my favorite. I am just not a fan of driving in flooded streets, but i'll get over it. Other than that this week I am going to work hard finishing our wonderful apartment and getting ready for student teaching! We have our meeting this Wednesday and then I'll be in the classroom after that. I am excited. If I can get this apt. done. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: