Wednesday, August 27, 2008

off to school...

...this time back in elementary!!! I can not say it enough about how much fun I am having!!! I have been so blessed with my placement! I have an amazing teacher with an incredible team. These women inspire me! I just pray that that one day I could teach right along side them. A far dream I know, but still...the possibilities!!!!! Anywhoo, the kids are fantastic, granted there are few toots. But what do you expect from first graders. It's weird being called Mrs. Hernandez, but I'm adjusting hehe!!! I am learning so much, waking up earlier than I think I ever have, and crash as soon as I walk in the door. Just stinks, we don't get paid for all the hard work and hours(9+ a day for me avg) we put into it all. oh well. The experience is priceless. I will do a mini lesson with the students next Thursday, which I'm pretty excited about. I've been working with them and pulling some out to work on a few techniques. I love the dynamic of teh school and teachers most of all. I've never seen anything like it! I will definatly be spoiled I'm afraid once I leave Bassetti! I'm afraid most schools around her aren't as quite as generous. Who knows tho.

Tobin is staying bored. We came home tonight to find a few things chewed up....HE HAS NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!!! Ugh, but we can't blame him really, I know there is only so much sleep a dog can do.

We LOVE our apartment!!! I hope to post pictures soon! I am very happy where we are! It makes me smile! =D

I'm still doing digital design and photography. So pass the word!!!

Other than that life is about the same. Martin is on a big kick for working out until Thanksgiving. He is doing great and I am so proud of him and his hard work. He said the last month or two he hasn't been hitting it as hard, so he is pushing him self!!! I only wish I had that drive, but like I tell him, all day with 21 6-7 yr olds, thats a work out enough! haha!

Stay tuned for stories of my little first graders!!!

No comments: