Friday we finished packing the house. At 2:00 pm (yes when its almost the hottest of the day) our electricity gets shut off. Yes, I had it cancelled as of Friday, but no I did not realize they would do it so soon. So, it became miserable FAST! Once everyone was off work, mom dad and adam, they came over and helped us load the moving truck. We sweated and worked until we couldn't see each other anymore, sun was setting and no lights. We started early on Saturday to unload the truck into the apartment. We had a lot of help and couldn't have done it without any of them! Thanks to all! =D We unloaded the truck at just an hour. It was a miracle. Mom stayed all day and kept us motivated to sort through as many boxes as we could until we all collapsed at the end of the day. Sunday we were up early again to go back to the house to get the stuff we couldn't see and clean up. Then unloaded into the apt. again. Unbeievably its all coming together. We still have a lot to do, but its looking like a home! yay!
This weekend we are headed to Dallas for family friends and DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!! WooHOO!!! I can not wait!!!! I only wish I would have my fancy camera to take some neat pix...but just not going to happen in time. I'll do my best with my semi fancy kodak!
Next week we have our student teaching meeting and then Thursday I'll have my first day in the classroom. I'm getting really pumped!
Other than that its been the usual for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment