Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gumbo

I did a little experimenting in the kitchen today. Feel free to follow or change as you please!!

I started with 3/4 stick of butter.



I let that melt in a pot. I then added a package of sausage, any kind will do but I used:


Cut into small pieces. I then added 1/2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp. I generously seasoned with garlic salt and lowrys seasoning. I let the meats cook until butter had almost disappeared. I then sprinkled 2 tbsp of flour


Over the meats and stirred and let it sit for just a minute (kind of creating a rue)

Then throw in a can of tomatoes
(any flavor will do)


Along with 1 can of chicken broth



And half a can of beef broth (save rest if you need to add later)


Then I added a can of corn and a 1/4 of a package of frozen diced onions.


Then let it simmer. With a lid. I plan on letting it simmer for a few hours and then I will add the rice 30 min before we eat. Add 1 cup of any kind of rice, this is what I will use.


And that's it!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: