Thats what I was screeming on the top of my lungs last night around midnight.
A few days ago Martin and I were at the movies and when we left I had a voicemail from the new neighbors saying that "Tobin had kind of sort of figured out how to get out of the yard, he unlatched the fence and we have put him back with a brick on the fence so 'hopefully' he won't get out again." Well I was just not believing it because for one Martin nor myself can get that latch open much less Tobin. And second if they wouldn't stand at our fence and tease and play with him then he wouldn't want to be on the other side. So my assumption is they taught him how to get out or just opened the gate. Either was it made me mad. So since then we have been taking Tobin out to use the restroom and watching him making sure he doesn't try to get out anymore and we have just kept him in the house the rest of the time. Well, last night Tobin was giving signs that he needed to go our and relieve himself so I let him out and was going to let him back in when there was a commercial...well I forgot and when Martin came in at 11:30 saying he was ready for bed, he asked where Tobin was. CRAP....I completely forgot...so we went outside and he was no where. Martin checks the fence, brick still there. So we go to the front I whistle (its late and don't want to wake anyone up)...no signs, martin goes out back to check the back gate and alley. Me in the front, I decide to say his name but not extremely loud, so when I did I heard his collar off in the distance. So I said it again and there he was on the other side of the street a few houses down in a side yard. So I call him over and he just stares at me, "Oh shoot I'm really in trouble now." Then I look to my right and there is a car at the stop sign (me thinking ok they will turn) well no they come straight and I just see this playing through in my head but convinced myself otherwise since Tobin wasn't even moving. Well as soon as the car was speeding up (very fast) Tobin starts with a sprint straight towards me. I just start screeming NOOOOOOO!!! (for both car and tobin) and BAM he was hit.....I scream and turn around for the house to get Martin from the back. (My fear if I stayed was to see him dead laying in the road which I couldn't handle.) So I'm in the back yard screaming at the top of my lungs "MART....HES BEEN HIT.....MART.......MARTIN......MARTIN" Then all of a sudden Martin comes from the side yard...he had heard the hit and Tobins scream. So we both went to the front, and couldn't find Tobin. But finally he came out of the shadows from across the street...limping. And just in case you were wondering, no the car didn't stop, not even slowed down. So Tobin hobbles to us and there is blood and he is limping. But his tail was wagging and he was walking on all legs. Martin poked and pulled and Tobin showed no signs of SEVERE pain...But after us taking a shower and getting ready for bed, we checked him again and there were a lot more cuts than we had seen in the beginning. So we were really worried.
This morning he couldn't get out of bed Martin had to pick him up and stand him up. He slowly made it to the back door (now limping on his front and back legs on the right side) and one leg showed a little swelling. He finally peed but that was it. He has been in bed ever since. Unfortuanetly the vet is booked today, but tomorrow we will see if he has made progress to whether or not he needs to be seen. We are 90% sure nothing is broken since he is putting pressure on both legs.
This was just a very scary and tramatic moment, especially since I saw it all happen. Please pray for him.
1 comment:
That is like such a horrible nightmare of mine. I can't imagine watching it happen~! You must have felt so helpless. I'm so relieved that he's going to be okay.
Post a Comment