Wednesday, October 22, 2008

RIP <3 R.'M'.F.

Well a lot has happened since last time i blogged. Too much to even remember everything.

I finished with 1st grade. It was an absolute joy and I had the hardest time leaving my little ones. Now I'm in 3rd. I like it but I'm not going to say I love it. They are full of attitudes and aren't as needy I guess. I am enjoying them and open to the new experience, we will have to see how it plays out.

Martin and I have been spending a lot of time together, it has really been nice. He of course has been working a lot and keeping busy. But, same with me, so I can't complain. I'm out the door by 7, school by 715 (right down the street woohoo) and home after 5 or 530. I'm ready to go to bed by 7 haha but Martin won't let me.

I'm anticipating the holidays, I love this time of year. The crisp air, the smell of fall, the colors, family, friends, ahh i'm ready. Financially its going to be a struggle this year since I don't have a job and we have lots of family and friends, but it will all work out. If all else fails I'll just offer my photo services to everyone!! ;)

Well it's been a rough week in Abilene. We lost a soldier last week, and this week was the service. Today actually. Last night we had the 'viewing' which was so beautiful. Standing room only and not a dry eye in the room. Marcus Fernandez was loved by many. We know him because his sister Stephanie is Desi's (martin's sister) best friend. I graduated HS with Marcus. At first though I didn't realize we graduated together. I didn't know who he was (except stephs bro) until last night when I saw pictures. It hit me really hard. I just never put the two together I guess. He was killed in Iraq by a roadside bomb. He was a strong Christian man and that showed through this week. Today we attended the funeral. It was at a fairly large church and it was pretty full. I have never seen more flags. The service was beautiful. All week there has been write ups in the paper and on the radio. They announced the route of the procession for anyone wanting to show their support. Well Abilene did just that. For what could have been a 5-10 min drive, lasted over 45 min. There wasn't an area that didn't have someone on the road. Every once in a while there were people outside their cars, hands on their heart. It was breath taking. I was amazed at their patience as well, over an hour of waiting. I've seen many processions in Abilene, none like this though, many peopel just drive on because they don't want to wait. Wylie HS was outside as we drove by. Bassetti elem. (where i student teach) was outside by the road. Going into the cemetary the police cars lined up and created a path for us to drive through before entering that was lined with officers on both sides. I fealt my heart beat. It was truly a sight to see. I ask that you keep this family in your prayers. It will be a struggle for them after all the chaos subsides. 2 years ago the father was killed by a train. They are not only suffering for loosing Marcus but also remembering the loss of his father. I pray for Aurora and Stephanie that they can have the strength and courage to continue and know that husband/dad and son/brother are now living peacefully. It will be hard to say the least but a few prayers will always help!

It has definatly been an eye opener. How freedom does not come free. How life can be taken away in an instant. Live life to the fullest and don't take it for granted.

H.H.

No comments: